The scientific network of the Agostino Gemelli IRCCS University Hospital Foundation is characterized by European Reference Networks and IRCCS Thematic Networks.
European Reference Networks (ERN)
The aim of all the European Union health care systems is to provide quality and economically sustainable health care. This goal is particularly hard to achieve with certain pathologies that require a greater concentration of resources or skills and it is even harder in the case of rare diseases. The European Reference Networks (ERN), therefore, bring together highly specialized centers of the different States to promote the provision of health care that is accessible and of quality.
The Foundation takes part to the following ERN:
- CRANIO – European reference network on craniofacial anomalies and otorhinolaryngological disorders
- ERKNET – European reference network on kidney diseases
- EUROBLOOD NET – European reference network on hematological diseases
- EUROGEN – European reference network on urogenital diseases and conditions
- ITHACA – European reference network on congenital malformations and rare intellectual disabilities
- NMD – European reference network on neuromuscular diseases
More informations are available on the website of the European Commission.
IRCCS Thematic networks
The IRCCS Thematic Networks are scientific research organizations that focus on a specific topic. By joining these organizations, the IRCCS can collaborate to develop new projects, activities and initiatives, promoting, for example, diagnostic innovations in therapeutic procedures. The following are the IRCCS thematic networks to which the Foundation takes part: