The scientific network of the Fondazione Policlinico Universitario A. Gemelli IRCCS is characterized by European Reference Networks and IRCCS Thematic Networks, as well as clinical and research partnerships.
European Reference Networks (ERN)
The goal of all health systems in the European Union is to deliver quality and economically sustainable health care. A particularly difficult goal to achieve when certain diseases require a greater concentration of resources or expertise. An even more arduous goal in the case of rare diseases. European Reference Networks (ERNs), therefore, bring together highly specialized centers from different states, members to facilitate the delivery of health care that is accessible and of quality.
The ERNs in which Fondazione Policlinico Universitario Agostino Gemelli IRCCS participates are:
- CRANIO – European Reference Network on Craniofacial Anomalies and Otolaryngological Disorders
- ERKNET – European Reference Network on renal diseases
- EUROBLOOD NET – European reference network on hematological diseases
- EUROGEN – European reference network on urogenital diseases and conditions
- ITHACA – European reference network on congenital malformations and rare intellectual disabilities
- NMD – European Reference Network on Neuromuscular Diseases
More information is available on the European Commission website.
IRCCS Thematic networks
“IRCCS Thematic” Networks are scientific research networks that focus on a specific topic. By joining such organizations, every IRCCS can collaborate to develop new projects, activities and initiatives by fostering, for example, diagnostic innovation and advancement in therapeutic procedures.
The “IRCCS thematic networks” to which the Fondazione Policlinico Universitario Agostino Gemelli IRCCS participates are:
- Alleanza Contro il Cancro
We will host the 7th Annual Meeting (21-23 September 2022) – Click Here for info
- Rete Neuroscienze e Neuroriabilitazione
- Rete Cardiologica
We will host the 1st Annual Meeting (28 September 2022)
- Italia Longeva “Rete Nazionale di Ricerca sull’Invecchiamento e la Longevità attiva”
- Rete Pediatrica “IDEA”