The Gemelli’s Aging medicine’s Center (Ce.M.I.) has as first aim to provide assistance to “fragile”, elderly people by protocols including both comprehensive measures and individualized procedures.
The Center was created with the idea of providing a continuity of care to meet the elderly man’s needs and to ensure the patient’s care as the time goes by. The activities are divided into the six floors of the Multifunctional Healthcare Complex. This activities are explicit on a homogeneous functional area and they are healthcare-oriented. The geriatrics assessment unit (UVG) acts as a complementary organisation and it is composed by geriatrician (as coordinator), physiatrist, neuropsychologist, social worker, professional nurse and rehabilitation therapist.
A multidimensional evaluation is done to establish which are the individualized assistance’s procedures to implement through the various services, with preventive, curative, rehabilitative or maintenance interventions.
Therefore the Ce.M.I. Is composed by:
- an Operational Unit for patients with acute symptoms;
- two Rehabilitative Operational Units;
- a Day Hospital
- The Rehabilitation and Functional Reeducation service, which carries out its activity in three gyms and in two clinics;
- The Department of Neuropsychology;
- The Fitness Center
- The Research Center for the promotion and the development of geriatric care (CEPSAG)