The Agostino Gemelli University Hospital Foundation’s High Blood pressure Center, whose responsible is Dr. Marco Mettimano, is nationally accredited by the SIIA (Italian Society of Arterial Hypertension).
The first appointments can be made only with a treating doctor’s medical prescription with the words “internal examination for high blood pressure”. You can make an appointment:
- at the CUP 06 8880.5560
- or on the website, on the webpage make an appointment online, entering the words “examination for high blood pressure”
- Screening of hypertensive patients sent by general practitioners, specialists, regional and extra-regional hospital facilities;
- Compilation of clinical records, personalized medical history’s collection for each patient, with a comprehensivel cardiovascular risk assessment and with advices for a correct eating style and a correct physical activity;
- Physical examination (anthropometric parameters survey: BMI, abdominal circumference, thighs and neck);
- Series measurements of blood pressure in the supine and standing position in both the upper limbs, with assessment of changes in heart rate;
- 24 h blood pressure monitoring with subsequent assessment of the circadian blood pressure rhythm (“dipping”), possible “White Coat Hypertension” and compliance with treatment;
- Epworth test.
The Center has 5 ABPM holter pressure devices of Space-Lab series, a next-generation echocardiograph and two professional automatic devices with printing modes for series blood pressure measurements.