The Gemelli’s window for Cancer is a service of the Agostino Gemelli University Hospital IRCCS Foundation and it is part of the Comprehensive Cancer Center. It facilitates the access to a first medical examination for those patients with a previous cancer diagnosis or with a strong suspicion of neoplasm who have not yet initiated any diagnostic-therapeutic treatment either at the Gemelli Hospital or at other facilities.
The Gemelli’s window for cancer does not make reservations for diagnostic services (CT scan, Resonances, echo mammography, etc.)
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
It is possible to make an appointment for a visit only if you have an urgent medical prescription and the clinical-diagnostic documentation that ascertains the neoplasm or that suggests its strong suspicion.
After receiving the documentation, the responsible clinician establishes the correctness of the request. Then the visit will be set in the first available clinic.
The Foundation offers the free of charge possibility to be accompanied by volunteers to the clinics / wards if it is needed by the Window’s users and their families .
Please request this service at the time of the call.
- Cancer during pregnancy
- Skin melanoma
- Neuro – oncology in adulthood
- Pediatric Neuro –Oncology
- Bones and muscles
- Blood and lymphatic system
AIRPORT ASSISTANCE SERVICE – ADR
The Agostino Gemelli University Hospital Foundation IRCCS takes part in the ADR-Airports of Rome initiative for cancer patients and their families who use the Fiumicino and Ciampino airports. Indeed, there is the possibility of using special assistance services, where the reduced mobility or the physical conditions of the assisted person require it. It is also possible to use this services separately. (For information, contact the site: www.adrassistance.it)
- The assistance service at the airport is free of charge and it must be requested at the time of the purchase of the flight ticket. The service will be provided by our purposely trained staff. (more details are available on www.adrassistance.it)
- The medical service provided by the ADR First Aid staff can be set up by contacting the staff of the Gemelli’s window for Cancer.
- The “Caretofly” shuttle service, provided by ADR, is dedicated to patients and their families to ensure a direct route to our General Hospital from Fiumicino or Ciampino airports and back. It is a paid service. Each journey has a cost of € 55.00 (changing on particular needs) and can be set directly on the website www.adr.it